There is nothing quite like sharing the love of what you do with others who are just out there doing what they love too! I am so happy to say that Shanan and I have met some amazing people along our Paleolicious journey, and every time we attend another event or Farmer’s Market, we have the joy of meeting someone new.
In our effort to clean up our diet and home with more natural and healthy ingredients, I have made some great new discoveries of late. I thought I would share my favorite things recently discovered this spring:
- Soaps of Oregonia – we discovered these wonderful smelling soaps, deodorants, shampoos first and then had the joy of meeting the family behind the brand. They were at Market in the Park in the booth across from us and we just had to steal a moment away to discover their wares and talk about the evolution of our businesses, It was great fun and after we walked away with a bag full of goodies we were ever so glad! Finally, I have found a natural deodorant without aluminum and parabens and it smells wonderful! Check them out at http://www.oregoniasoapworks.com
2) Maverick Chocolate Cocoa Nibs – Findlay Market in downtown Cincinnati, OTR, is a mecca of amazing sites, smells and sounds. Whether you are looking for Bbq, organic vegetables, exotic wines or spices from afar, you will find it at Findlay Market. But I dare you to walk into Maverick Chocolate and walk away empty handed. I certainly do not know why you would ever want to do that anyway, but if you are looking for something clean and Paleo, you must try their pure cocoa nibs. The owner Paul is a master of spinning the tale of his journey to chocolatier and we could listen to him talk for hours while sipping a cup of not so paleo hot cocoa. But the cocoa nibs are pure pieces of cacao heaven, with the added health benefits to boot. Go there now. Or buy our paleo granola which features these amazing bites of paleo chocolate heaven.
3. Mwimbula Coffee Roasters– This discovery was made while introducing myself to the vendors at the Fairfield Farmer’s Market. I am a coffee fanatic! Completely. I can go on nothing all morning and afternoon but my coffee. I have been wanting to start buying an organic and sustainable coffee for some time, but often the flavors were too strong, or I just didnt fall in love with the blend. That dilemma has since ended. I purchased Mwimbula’s Peruvian Fair Trade Organic coffee blend, grind it up fresh each morning and need only add a little almond milk in the morning. It is wonderful. Stop by and see them at the Fairfield Farmer’s Market and listen to their story. You will love them as much as their coffee!
4. Spicy Olive – Our Mentor suggested that we head on over to the Spicy Olive and have a chat with the owner Melanie because he thought we would have lots in common. He was right, but little did we know that we would fall so completely in love with her products as well. We have probably all heard by now about the olive oils that have been discovered to have little to no actual real olive oil in them. Melanie’s oils are pure and flavorful. And her vinegar’s are to die for! We make all of our own dressings and sauces and her Blackberry Ginger Balsamic takes our berry vinaigrette to an entirely new level. If you do not make your own salad dressings, you must start now!
Look for a pairing of Paleolicious and the Spicy Olive at the Brick Pop Up Shop in OTR this July.
5. Skinny Piggy Kombucha – have you ever heard of kombucha? Well if not, you are missing out! Skinny Piggy makes it delicious in several flavors, right here in the ‘Nati. It’s hard to beat the original, but the Hibiscus White Tea is pretty amazing too. Rumour has it a new lavender will be on the shelves this summer! Go get ya some and then get ready because we are pairing up for a four course dinner later this summer with Kombucha cocktails!
They describe it as follows on their website:
What is kombucha?
It is a delicious probiotic drink. At Skinny Piggy Kombucha we blend premium teas and spices to brew the most satisfying kombucha you’ll ever have.
Yep. You heard us. Skinny Piggy Kombucha is a 100% raw product made from a live culture. When you drink Skinny Piggy Kombucha, you are consuming a real fermented drink.
We just describe it as delicious! http://www.skinnypiggykombucha.com
There are so many great local products here in Cincinnati, and these are just a few of our favorites.
Stay tuned for what we are loving this summer!